State and Local Tax Services
Your Tax Experts
The multitude of taxes imposed at the state and local level can be daunting for any company. Hein’s expertise in state and local tax accounting ensures that tax matters are handled to your best advantage.
No matter the size of your organization or stage of growth—if it involves state or local taxation, we have the capability to assist you with whatever issues you have, such as:
- Getting accurate information on trends, public policies, regulations and other aspects of taxation around the country
- Clear, knowledgeable advice or an objective opinion on a specific issue
- Evaluating and understanding the implications of incentives, credits, and other benefits offered by local communities and states
- Negotiating the best locations for your business
- Tax planning
- Information on industry-specific taxes that apply at state and local levels, with leadership in oil and gas and extensive experience in manufacturing and distribution, software, technology and other industries
- Expert advice in specific areas when you prefer to handle state and local taxes internally
- Assistance for accounting firms that don’t have a dedicated team of state and local tax accountants, or would like a partnered resource
We have significant experience working with state and local tax matters across the country, with detailed expertise in many states and the knowledge and resources to work in every jurisdiction.
- Income and Franchise Tax
- Sales and Use Tax
- Excise Tax
- Severance Tax
- Realty Transfer Tax
- Credits and Incentives
Benefits of Working with Hein
- Ensure no over or underpayment of taxes, enabling you to plan for and minimize state and local taxes
- Save money as a result of our state and local tax accounting expertise, allowing you to achieve a stronger return on investment
- Understand exactly what impact particular state and local taxes may have on your business, saving large dollar amounts and bringing far-reaching value to your organization
Please contact us for more information.